The mission of Ohio TESOL, an affiliate of TESOL, is to develop the professional expertise of its members and others involved in educating those learners for whom English is a non-native language by:
- advocating for the TESOL profession at the local, state and federal levels;
- promoting professional development;
- acting as a resource in the dissemination of information;
- improving standards for high-quality instruction;
- promoting better employment conditions;
- encouraging opportunities for networking, interaction, leadership and research; and
- promoting respect for the language rights and culture of all people.