Express your concern! Take action now!
— The TESOL January 31st, 2017 Statement on the Immigration Executive Order is found here: http://www.tesol.org/news-landing-page/2017/01/31/tesol-statement-on-immigration-executive-order
— The February 1, 2017 Message from the TESOL International President & Executive Director Addressing Immigration Executive Orders is found here:
–TESOL’s list of Resources on Immigration and Refugee Concerns is found here:
Department of Education
- Home page
- English Learner Toolkit- The English Learner Tool Kit helps state and local education agencies help English Learners (ELs) by fulfilling these obligations. Please see the Dear Colleague Letter as well.
- A-Z Index
- Grants and Contracts
Federal Government Sites
- The White House This is the official homepage of the White House.
- US Senate This is the official homepage of the US Senate, with listings of committees, hearing schedules, bills, and legislation.
- US House of Representatives This is the official homepage of the US House of Representatives, with listings of House committees, hearing schedules, bills, and legislation.
- THOMAS: Legislative Information on the Internet This site, maintained by the Library of Congress, contains the full text of legislation and the Congressional Record from the 104th and 105th Congresses. The site also provides bill summaries and status information, and links to House and Senate pages. Bills and summaries are serachable by key word, number, sponsor, co-sponsor, or committee.
- Federal Register Online Via GPO Access This is the database of the 1995 and 1996 Federal Register. To view a complete list of what is in the database, plug in the date and agency or use any key word to search the database.
- The State and Local Government Page This site contains links to state and local government related pages around the county, including regional governments, tribal governments, and various state agencies.
- The Language Policy Web Site Maintained by James Crawford, this site contains information on the English-Only movement, updates on language-related policy and legislation, and information on Crawford’s own research, papers, and books on the history of language policy in the US.
- TESOL Federal Update , Vol.3. No.3. September 1997. You can receive the complete TESOL Federal Update via internet. Simply e-mail email@example.com
- No URL Left Behind? Web Scrub Raises Concerns, (Education Week, Sept. 18, 2002)